Tuesday, April 21, 2020 / by Scott Coldwell
If you haven’t been maintaining your deck over the years, start NOW before it’s too late! If neglected long enough, your deck will never look clean again—it can develop permanent stains, splintered wood, and mold! Not only does a beautiful deck give you an enjoyable space to experience the outdoors, it also adds significant value to your home. Managing your deck every year can even expand its life to close to 20 years, so it’s a good idea to start caring for your deck now so you won’t have to replace it before you decide to sell your home or because it becomes too dangerous to step on. Spring is the perfect time to get your outdoor areas ready for warmer weather, so make sure to read our quick tips for cleaning your deck:
- Remove everything from your deck and sweep the cobwebs and debris.
- Call a contractor if you see any notable problems such as loose screws or rotting.
- Mix up a 1:2 ratio of bleach and hot water. Spread on the deck and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Use a scrub brush to remove stains and grime.
- Power wash under 1500 pounds per square inch, keep the nozzle moving, and don’t stay in one place for too long.
- Let it dry for 2 days before putting furniture back.
Sell Your Home Virtually GUARANTEED or We’ll Buy It!* No Need to Leave the House, No Showings, Everything done 100% Virtually. Give us a Call at 352-209-0000. Click HERE to know more.