If your home has just come off the market and didn’t sell, don’t be discouraged. The reason it didn’t sell may have nothing to do with your home or the market. In reality, your home may have been one of the more desirable properties for sale. If your listing has expired and you still want results, before you put your home back on the market, take a step back and review your situation.
Where should you begin?
Start by committing to do what it takes to market your house to get it sold. With the right system, the home sale you want is still well within reach.
Why didn’t your home sell?
Review your previous selling plan, and you’ll discover that an expired listing usually reflects a problem in one or more of these major four areas:
3. Condition of Your Home, and
1. TEAMWORK: Your home is a major financial investment, and your relationship with your Realtor should be a full partnership where your needs and wishes are heard, and you receive detailed and dependable feedback on the progress of your sale. Your agent has a responsibility to source this feedback from the agents who have shown your home, and to communicate this to you so together you can make the right decisions about what to do next. How well did this occur the last time you had your home up for sale?
2. PRICING: Did price work for or against you? The “right” price depends on market conditions, competition, and the condition of your home. Pricing it too high is as dangerous as pricing it too low. If your home doesn’t compare favorably with others in the price range you’ve set, you won’t be taken seriously by prospects or agents. You” get the facts when you see the statistics! To help you establish a realistic selling price for your home, ask your agent to provide you with an up-to-date competitive market analysis to give you:
– a review of comparable homes recently sold or currently for sale,
– an idea of how long other homes have been listed, to calculate an average time in which a home can sell in today’s market,
– a review of homes whose listings have expired, to understand what issues were at play.
3. CONDITION OF YOUR HOME: Is your house someone else’s idea of a dream home? When buyers enter, are they inspired? Do they think, “I love this house!” Remember, the decision to buy a home is based on emotion, not logic.
A house in move-in condition invites a sale.
You need to consider:
– fixing all the little squeaks and cracks
– keeping it clean for all showings
Sell Your Home Virtually GUARANTEED or We’ll Buy It!* No Need to Leave the House, No Showings, Everything done 100% Virtually. Give us a call at 352-209-0000 or click HERE for more information.