Wednesday, February 24, 2021 / by Scott Coldwell
Millions around the globe made the sudden transition to remote work amid the Covid-19 pandemic, and not surprisingly, are starting to feel burnt out. Burnout can get the better of you, even when you have a great passion for your work.
The lines between work and non-work are blurring in new and unusual ways, and many employees who are working remotely for the first time are likely to struggle to preserve healthy boundaries between their professional and personal lives. If you’re burnt out, here are some powerful and proven ways to can get your mental and physical health back on track…
1. Carve Out A Space Of Your Own: Still working from the couch? Not all of us have the luxury of dedicated office space, but it’s important that you create a space that is specifically for work so you can be more efficient and separate personal life from professional life.
2. Set Boundaries & Limits: Establish a firm start time and end time to your ...
Tuesday, February 16, 2021 / by Scott Coldwell
Which type of flooring is right for you? These days, with all the options flooding the market, you might find yourself overwhelmed deciding what fits your budget, lifestyle, and taste. But don’t worry, you’re in vast and good company, and we’ve created this guide to help all homeowners decipher between the endless choices and weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each type!
For decades, hardwood has been the go-to flooring choice because it looks great in just about any room with any type of decor! Its classy, timeless design lasts an extremely long time and adds immense value to your home—you can expect up to an 80% ROI if you add hardwood floors to your home. However, while wood is a renewable resource, it isn’t always harvested in sustainable ways. Look for flooring certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) or the SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) to ensure your wood floors come from sustaina ...
Thursday, February 11, 2021 / by Scott Coldwell
The Real Estate Market Has Changed….
Remember not so long ago, when you could make your fortune in real estate? It was nothing then to buy a home, wait a short while, and then sell it at a tidy profit.
And then do it all over again.
Well, as you probably know, times have changed. Buyers are far more discriminating, and a large percentage of the homes listed for sale never sell. It’s more critical than ever to learn what you need to know to avoid costly seller mistakes in order to sell your home fast and for the most amount of money.
Here are The 7 Mistakes Most Homesellers Make:
1. Failing to analyze why they are selling: Know why you’re selling, and keep it to yourself. The reasons behind your decision to sell affect everything from setting a price to deciding how much time and money to invest in getting your home ready for sale. What’s important to you: the money you walk away with, the length of time your property is on the market, or both? Dif ...
Friday, February 5, 2021 / by Scott Coldwell
Thursday, February 4, 2021 / by Scott Coldwell
Superbowl Sunday is upon us! Since you’ll likely be enjoying the game in the comfort of your own home this season, it’s up to you to conjure up some delicious snacks—bonus points if they’re healthy! Need some inspiration? Below are our top 5 picks for healthy Super Bowl snacks you can make at home:
1. Guacamole2. Spinach-Artichoke Dip3. Vegetable Spring Rolls4. Turkey Chilli5. Elote Dip
Below are the recipes…
– 3 Large avocados, pits and skins discarded– 1/4 Small white onion, finely chopped– 1/4 c. Fresh cilantro, chopped– 1 Small jalapeño, finely chopped– 1/3 c. Roasted pepitas, finely chopped, plus more for serving– 4 tbsp. fresh lime juice– kKosher salt and freshly ground black paper– Tortilla chips, for serving
1. Combine avocados, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, pepitas, and lime juice in a bowl. Mash with a fork until combined and avocado is desired consis ...